Your kid's dental health is a big part of their overall wellbeing and the future of their oral health, which is why it is always advised to consult the best pediatric dentist available. If you are living in Colorado, then schedule an appointment with Dr. Scott Ohmart at Little Rockies Pediatric Dentistry in Parker, CO.
Regular dental checkups are the best way to prevent your kid's dental health from declining; however, problems can still arise. The following are 5 warning signs that your kid needs a dental appointment ASAP.
- Sensitivity to Hot or Cold Foods: If you serve your kid their favorite ice cream or a cup of delicious hot chocolate and they complain of a toothache after or during consumption, it is a sure sign of tooth sensitivity or cavities, and your kid needs a dental appointment ASAP.
- General Toothache or Discomfort: Sometimes, you do not need to feed your kid anything before they complain of a toothache or their mouth hurting. This is their body's way of telling them something is wrong. Do not self-diagnose or self-treat; schedule a dental appointment instead to let a professional examine your child.
- Gums Hurt After Brushing: If your kid complains that their gums or teeth hurt after brushing, it may be a sign of gingivitis. Check for red, bleeding, or swollen gums and immediately schedule a dental appointment, regardless of detecting any swelling, bleeding, or not.
- Dark or White Spots on Teeth: If you notice any white spots, dark spots, or any discoloration on your kid's teeth, your kid needs a dental appointment ASAP. This is because these are all signs of a cavity and tooth decay, among many others. Tooth decay is especially common in young kids and can progress very quickly, which is why you need to consult a pediatric dentist immediately.
- Loose Teeth: Growing kids experience losing their baby teeth and gaining fresh and permanent adult teeth, and such is the dental process of growing up. However, if they experience a loose or wiggly tooth after permanent teeth have developed, then your kid needs a dental appointment ASAP.
Sometimes this can occur due to a bump or accident during play, or sometimes it can be due to other underlying dental problems. Either way, an expert dental opinion is needed in such cases.
You want to consult only the best pediatric dentist in Parker, Colorado, for your kids' dental health. Dr. Scott Ohmart at Little Rockies Pediatric Dentistry is just the person for it. If you want to learn more about warning signs or to schedule an appointment, please visit our website today.